HYDERABAD: In a latest update, the e-commerce site Amazon India has now launched train ticket booking service through its website. Amazon India is partnering with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) for facilitating this train tickets booking in Amazon India.
Amazon on Wednesday announced that Train tickets booking in Amazon is currently only available on the website and the Android app.
As a launch offer, the Amazon also waived off service and payment gateway transaction charges for a limited time. As an Added benefit, customers will be given 10 % cashback of up to Rs 100 and prime members can avail 12 % discount up to Rs 120 on their first train ticket booking through Amazon.
How To Book Train Tickets On Amazon/ Procedure To Book Train Tickets on Amazon :
- Check in to the Amazon app
- After that select Amazon Pay Tab
- Select Book Tickets > select Trains
- Now You have to enter the destinations/ Pace you wish to travel, select stations
- Now enter the rest of the details like the dates of travel.
- Select AC or other means by which you wish to travel in the Amazon app or website.
- We can also go to the “Find Trains” options to search for more train options and can select the options as per our choice.
- This Amazon Website and app shows the availability of all the trains with their routes.
- After selecting the train one can also choose the categories like General, Senior Citizen, or Ladies.
- After that we have to click on Proceed.
- However we need IRCTC credentials, that is, the IRCTC account ID and password to book train tickets on Amazon. even though we don’t have IRCTC accounts, one can create IRCTC credentials, by going to the IRCTC website.
- Added to that even Amazon is also giving an option to create an IRCTC account on Amazon website. After choosing, create an IRCTC account option on Amazon users will be redirected to the IRCTC website where they can create an account.
- After we have entered the IRCTC credentials, we can can make the payment using the desired option,
- Finally after booking a ticket we can check the PNR status and download the tickets.