NEW DELHI: The central government has already made it mandatory for all the individuals to link their Pan Card number with the Aadhaar card. As per the central government rule now the last date for linking Pan Card number with your Aadhaar card is March 31. If by any chance you missed to link the Pan number with Aadhar then that Pan card will no longer be operational from April 1, and users cannot carry out any of the financial transactions above Rs 50,000 with such unlinked Pan Card with Aadhar.
Added to that after aPan card is inoperative, then the user cannot file Income tax return (ITR) and as per the Income tax act section 272B, they might also be fined with a penalty of Rs 10,000 for not linking the Pan Card number with Aadhar.
Procedure To Link Pan Card Number With Aadhar :
- Go to the official the Income Tax e-filing portal link – incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Select the Link Aadhar option on the Menu bar
- Enter all the required details like PAN number, Aadhar number, name and address
- Enter the captcha
- After filling all the details click on Link Aadhar option
- It will show a message on successful linking of Pan with Aadhar as “Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN”