HYDERABAD: The most awaited Hyderabad’s Durgam Cheruvu cable bridge will be thrown open to public and traffic from Today, September 25. Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao will inaugurate the Durgam Cheruvu cable bridge on the September 25 at 5.30 pm. This bridge is built near the IT corridor from Jubilee Hills Road No. 45 at a budget of Rs 184 crore. This bridge is 233 meters long and six lanes wide.
The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G.Kishan Reddy to attend as the chief guest for the inauguration of this cable bridge on today.
Specialties of Durgam Cheruvu Cable bridge
- This Durgam Cheruvu cable bridge is the longest cable bridge in India.
- There were separate tracks for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Special lighting was installed on the bridge.
- The bridge appears in different Glittery colors during the night.
- Water fountains will be set up on both sides of the cable bridge.
After the inauguration, vehicles will reportedly not to be permitted on the bridge during weekends exceptonly pedestrians who can along the bridge and enjoy the scenic ambience at the Durgem lake, said GHMC Chief Engineer R. Sridhar.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation had already completed with all the trial runs and setting up of architectural lighting related to the cable bridge.