Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal has resigned from the Prime Minister’s cabinet after facing a debate and heat from the Punjabi farmers. For providing initial support to ally farm sector bills of BJP, the arguments began to happen. Minister has declared that she resigned shortly before the voting on the bill took place. Badal’s husband and Sukhbir Badal, party chief said that the government will oppose “anti-former policies” but Akalis supports the government at an outer level.
Her resignation was quoted as “normal course of action for any Akali”, she tweeted it as “Proud to stand with farmers as their daughter and sister”.
10 BIG Highlights on Union Minsiter’s Resignation:
- Punjab Chief Minister said her resignation was “too little too late” and it’s only a gimmick to fool Punjabi farmers
- The bills which were for farmers have demotivated the farmers of Punjab and Haryana who paused their protests for days together. The government quoted that these bills help the farmers to get the better market and price which would contribute to their welfare
- After knowing and realizing the heart of farmers, the party appealed to the Centre to hold the bills until all the concerns of farmers are addressed
- The Akalis have decided to vote against the bill though BJP is pushing through the bills
- During a wide discussion on the bills – Produce Trade and Commerce bill and Price Assurance and Farm Services bill, he said that the so far proposed laws will destroy the mighty hard work done by Punjab government to build the farm sector
- Hasmirat Kaur expressed reservations for farmers during the cabinet meeting. But her ministry opposed what she proposed during inter-ministerial consultation
- Most of the political parties said the bill was totally wrong. As per the words of Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu, “If you are genuinely sympathetic towards the interests of farmers and Punjab, then immediately break the party’s ties with the Modi government at the Centre”.
- BJP and its allies are in great support to the bills. The rest, TRS and Biju Janata Dal leader Naveen Patnaik are completely against the bill
- Farmers trust in Shiromani Akali Dal is sacred to us and we are proud to preserve the glorious legacy of the fight for farmers,” Harsimrat Kaur Badal said. “I have resigned from Union Cabinet in protest against anti-farmer ordinances and legislation. Proud to stand with farmers as their daughter & sister,” she tweeted later.
- Mr.Badal voted against the Essential Commodities Bill to deregulate agricultural food items (cereals, pulses, and onion).