I know many of you think Running is more beneficial and good for health compared to walking and you might also know it helps burn more calories than walking. Well what if i tell you this notion is a wrong belief and it is the opposite of what you think.
Today let me bring to your notice the actual facts about both running and walking.
- Walking is an easy and efficient exercise for your whole body.
- It helps you to become active physically and mentally, yes studies have shown positive effects of walking on mental health.
- Firstly, it is so simple you just have to put on your shoes and get going. Secondly it helps boost your metabolism and as well produces endorphins in our body. These are neurotransmitters which make us feel good and help us heal physically and mentally.
- It helps you to shape your calf muscles.
- Approximately a 60kg person loses 300-400 calories per hour.
- It helps in making your cardiovascular system strong and prevents ageing of vessels.
- It helps to keep your Hypertension and Diabetes in check.
- It helps improve your memory power due to various neurotransmitters released.
These days there are many apps to track down the number of steps we take daily, in this way we can keep a check on the number of steps we take daily and burn calories effectively. There is a popular fad which says taking 10,000 steps each day will help you maintain your desired weight and will thus help shed extra weight in the due course of time.
- Running is one of the high efficiency workouts that requires a lot of energy and strength.
- It definitely helps you lose a little more calories than walking does. (600calories /hr)
- Over a long time, overuse of muscles and bones leads to many problems like stress, fractures, sprains, soreness of muscles, etc.
- It reduces libido.
- Few studies show it has a positive effect on our health and mental health but the long term side effects outweigh the benefits.
- Overall you can run 20-30 min for 5 days in a week, beyond this it can be harmful to your body.
Well if you’re someone who wants to lose weight quickly at the expense of your body’s health then the choice is yours!