Lunar eclipse occurs when earth comes in between sun and moon, when the moon is very close to the earth. In 2021 the first Lunar eclipse or Chandra Grahan will take place on tomorrow, May 26. The people living in different parts of the world like India, North America, South America and Antarctica will be able to witness the lunar eclipse, red blood moon and supermoon tomorrow.
Timings of Lunar Eclipse 2021/ Chandra Grahan 2021 Timings:
The Lunar eclipse will start in India at 2:17 PM and lasts till 7:19 PM.
The Hindu mythology suggest several Do’s and Don’ts to be followed during Lunar eclipse
Things To Follow And Avoid During Lunar Eclipse 2021:
- One should not step out of their home to protect oneself from harmful radiations during an eclipse.
- Should avoid consuming food during the Grahan timings.
- Should Chant mantr like mahamrityunjaya mantra to decrease the negative energy caused due to eclipse.
- pregnant women should not step out of their homes during the eclipse at any cost.
- Should not watch the eclipse without eye gear.
- Avoid eating non vegetarian foods on eclipse day.
- Should take a head bath after the eclipse.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra to Chant:
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् |
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्मृत्योर्मुक्षीय माऽमृतात् ||
Aum Tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam
Urvaarukamiva bandhanaan-mrityormuksheeya maamritaat